HAM-LET’s metering ball valve (MBV) incorporates both metering and shut-off functions in one unit. The valve combines an accurate micro-meter control mechanism for gases and liquids with a sealing mechanism in a single unit. It is easy to install and does not require multiple connectors and pipelines. It is reliable and easy to operate and can drastically reduce the length of the line in the system. The MBV series is a single unit which replaces the two separate valves previously required, thus decreasing installation and maintenance costs while reducing the risk of faults.
With the choice of three precision stem tapers enabling metering at flow capacities as low as Cv = 0.0001 with up to 11 handle turns, the MBV series meets the demand for highly precise flow control. It offers five different O-ring materials providing the best temperature and chemical coverage, making it ideal for analytical instrumentation industries.
- On/Off and Metering control
- PFA Encapsulated Ball Stem designed for leak tight shut off service
- Panel Mounting as standard
- Maximum Allowable Working Pressure 2000 psi (138 bar) for all MBV types
- Maximum Allowable Working Temperature 300°F (150°C)
- End Connection type options: Let-Lok, One-Lok, theraded and Male Face Seal
- Stem Taper: 1°, 3° and 5° for different flow control regulations
- Five different O-ring materials are available as options
- Actuated On/Off operation is available
- Three optional handle types:
– Round Aluminum handle
– Metal slotted handle
– Vernier handle