Tube Fitting Installation Safety Seminar
Aquire the skills for the proper use, leak-tight installation and maintenance of double ferrule tube fittings. Proper Installation is critical to run your fluid systems safely, efficiently and cost-effectively. This hands on seminar is designed for engineers and installers or other personnel who have a vested interest in tube fittings.
The ultimate objective of the training seminar is to enhance the attendee’s awareness for the correct and safe installation of double ferrule tube fittings in a wide range of fluid systems. This is achieved by a combination of theoretical and practical exercises where all delegates are helped to install and maintain fittings for leak free performance and reliability.
The training is formulated into various segments, each designed to allow the participants to learn at a pace that is challenging but achievable. Wherever possible the instructor will provide individual instruction before moving on to the next phase.
These segments can be easily geared to the needs of the group or the identified requirements of the customer; flexibility is built into the training material and is discussed openly with the client before delivery.
The course material is provided by instructors who have the right balance of formal qualifications, manufactures training, field experience and technical knowledge.
On behalf of the Chemistry Department I would like to thank you for providing excellent training on valves and fittings. The courses that you provided were tailored to our needs and were extremely relevant to the postgraduates, technicians and academic staff who attended.
The feedback from all levels of staff was very enthusiastic as they found it very informative and delivered in a friendly and entertaining way.
Our training budget is also helped by your costs being extremely good value for money.
Hopefully you will help us with training in future years and we will be happy to recommend you to others.
On behalf of the School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials can I express my thanks for providing an excellent training course on valves and fittings, the course you provided for us covered all aspects of the training we required including safety, installation and actual hands on experience of tighten various fittings provided by you as part of the course.
The feedback from all members of staff including research associates, postgraduates and technicians was very enthusiastic both on the course content and the excellent delivery.
The actual cost of the course you provided was in my opinion exceptionally good value for money given our limited School training budget.
The Staff Development Unit at Newcastle University is hoping to incorporate this course into a technical based training programme in the future and I would enthusiastically recommend your training to others.
- Seminar introduction and relationship to safety in the workplace.
- Assessment of attendee’s practical experience and general knowledge of fluid system installation.
- Reinforcement of safety procedures.
- The correct selection, handling and preparation of tubing when designing or installing a tube system for gas or liquids.
- Correct installation procedures of installing a double ferrule tube fitting to achieve leak tight connection in low and high pressure systems.
- Consequences of “over tightening” tube fittings and how to identify both under and over tightened components. When to replace and when to use.
- Introduction and evaluation of traditional “Bite and Compression types of tube fittings”, potential areas of weakness and safety considerations.
- A hand on explanation to reinforce the need to follow manufactures installation procedures and the consequence of not doing so.
- Address the various requirements of tube preparation, cutting, de-burring, wall thickness, handling, effects of temperature etc
- Identification of metric and imperial components, the dangers of intermixing. Identification of various materials.
- Threads, the different types NPT, BSPT, etc
- General rules and procedures to install
- How to apply sealants and the dangers of intermixing components.
- The correct use of tube adapters, the selection and benefits in reducing potential leakage and cost reduction.
- Explanation and demonstration of the advantages of tubing systems over the traditional methods of piping systems
- 10 point safety considerations to emphasize the dangers and consequences of not following the basic rules.